Government Aircraft Factories
GUIDED WEAPON SYSTEMS
Nulka Active Expendable Decoy Vehicle
Ikara M7 Anti-Submarine Guided Weapon
Nulka, and its predecessor Winnin, is an All Weather Active Expendable Decoy Vehicle for deployment on navy vessels threatened by attack from guided missiles.
Avionics Systems Engineer - Nulka
- Designed and integrated a Thrust Vector Control Actuator Drive Sub-System.
- Designed and integrated a non-volatile RAM sub-system.
- Designed digital electronics and printed circuit boards.
- Coded and tested assembly language operational flight software.
- Performed microprocessor in-circuit emulation.
- Tested and maintained the Nulka Flight Control Electronics package during the HardWare-In-Loop/Hybrid Computer integration testing.
M7 IKARA PROJECT
The M7 Ikara was proposed as a box-launched version of its predecessor, the M3 Ikara, a rocket launched anti-submarine guided missile carrying a Mk46 Torpedo. The new Ikara was to have a digital autopilot and revamped avionics suite.
Avionics Systems Engineer - Ikara
- Designed an efficient, digital servomotor controller for driving flight control surfaces.
- Used microprocessor in-circuit emulation techniques.
- Integrated and successfully demonstrated the operation of the new controller.