Redflex Communications Systems
AIR DEFENCE COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT
The Redflex Communications System's Switchplus™ architecture is used in Air Defence Communications Systems for Air Forces and Navies worldwide. Survivable networks are established using multiple-redundant, fibre-optic links and the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) to interconnect switching system components.
Air Defence Communications System
Switchplus™ Operator Console
Systems Engineering Manager
- Responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of Systems Engineering effort on multiple projects.
- Supervision of Systems Engineering Team (6 Staff).
- Installation and commissioning of air-defence radar communications system for overseas Air Force.
- Prepared and conducted Site Acceptance Test procedures.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Performed requirements analysis, system design and specification.
- Prepared System Design Document.
- Designed Interface Management Database for over 1200 cables.
- Prepared Interface Control Document.
- Designed single-mode fibre-optic link to Mil-Std-2042, Mil-C-28876 and Mil-C-83522.
- Design Report: Mil-Std-1553B interface for AN/ARC-210 radio.
- Conducted site surveys at overseas air-defence radar sites.
- Prepared and conducted Factory Acceptance Test procedures.