Resume - Julie Gonzales
To provide professional library and information services
- Part-time library technician at St Kevin’s parish school Ormond. 2008 - present (8 years)
- Part-time library technician at Sacred Heart School Sandringham. 2007 - present (9 years)
- Part-time library technician at St Agnes' Primary School, Highett. 2004 - present (12 years)
- Part-time library technician at St Joseph's Primary School, Elsternwick. 2000 - 2006 (4 years)
- Part-time library assistant at Star of the Sea College, Gardenvale. 1996 - 1999 (3 years)
- Diploma Library and Information Studies. Swinburne University. Completed 2003
- Fine Arts. RMIT. (1 year)
- Tertiary Orientation Program. SMB Ballarat.
- Amateur radio, computers, reading, boating, camping, fishing and family life.
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- School Library Association of Victoria (SLAV)
Library and Information Services:
- School Hall/Library upgrades, layouts, design, purchasing and implementation (3 libraries).
- Policy, Plans, Procedures and Recommendations report (3 libraries).
- Mission statement, opening, closing, OH&S, first aid, security, disputes, complaints, emergency evacuation, cleaning, copyright, roles and responsibilities, duty statement, patrons, rules, hours, facilities, displays, collections, equipment, software, floor plan.
- Staff/Student Assistance: Introduction to Library and Information Services, Using the Library Catalogue, Finding Resources, enquiries, training, research, searches, word processing, forms, notices, web pages, brochures, newsletters, laminating, photocopying, data copying/archive, displays and presentations.
- School/Parish/Community: SupportFirst aid duty, pre-school story-time, lunch-time library, book club, newsletters, notice sheets. Participation in school masses, concerts, barbeques, fetes.
- Acquisitions: Budgeting, ordering, stock checking, invoice filing.
- Recommended book lists from: Government, publisher, author, library, book store web sites and catalogues.
- Patrons, resources, loans, returns, reservations, renewals, overdues, lost and damaged.
- Bibliotech, eLibrary, SCIS. Oliver (on-line demos only)
- Collection Maintenance
- Repairs, weeding, dusting.
- Book Review
- Update subject headings.
- Notice Board
- Action display posters.
- Promotions: Book Week, Book Fair, Premiers Reading Challenge, National Simultaneous Story Time, Guest Speaker, OWLs in the Library™, School Amateur Radio Club Network™, Author of the Month, notice board, book display, posters, signage.
- Processing: Receiving, stamping, cataloguing, labelling, covering, boxing, shelving.
- Stocktaking: Full stock take bi-annually. ReportsBorrowing reports: By group, individual and year. Overdue and lost reports.
- Library Lesson Plans: Purpose, key learning areas, learning outcomes, level, time, resources, tasks, evaluation.
- Web Development
- Original "OWLs in the Library™" Program
- FrontPage, MyClasses, Moodle.
- Computer Platforms
- PC/Windows, iPad/IOS
- Computer Applications
- Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, FrontPage, Media Player, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, Word, Internet Explorer.
- Apple: iTunes, Safari, Mail
- Other: Cafe, LibITy, EasiTeach, Nero (CD/DVD), PDF Reader
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Setup/Maintenance of: Cameras, recorders, players, projectors, displays and smartboards.
- Library Equipment
- PC, laser printer, label printer, barcode scanner, book covering machine, laminator
- Library Software
- Administration of: Bibliotech, eLibrary. Oliver (on-line demo only).