The Royal Australian Navy specified the integration of a Role Adaptable Weapons System into the Sikorsky Seahawk S-70B-2 helicopter. The system allows the helicopter to perform Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Anti-Surface Ship Targeting (ASST).
Sikorsky S-70B-2 Seahawk
Avionics Hot Bench Test Facility
Avionics Systems Integration Engineer - Seahawk
- Assigned to Rockwell's Collins Government Avionics Division, Hot Bench Test Facilities in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA.
- Integrated the Seahawk avionics suite. In all, over 25 different avionics assemblies were set to work using a variety of analogue, digital and RF interconnections including a MIL-STD-1553 multiplex data bus.
- Used simulators, stimulators and special-to-type test equipment to demonstrate system compliance to specifications prior to installation in the airframe.
- Prepared test procedures and software trouble reports.
- Performed hardware and software testing on the system.
- Performed customer acceptance testing.
- Developed an automated message verification system and a number of real-time avionics simulations for the MIL-STD-1553B bus using programmable bus emulators.
- Participated in the resolution of software problems.
- Assigned to United Technologies Sikorsky Aircraft, in Connecticut
- Supported the avionics installation, ramp and flight testing of the Rockwell system in the Sikorsky S-70B-2 helicopter.