Telstra Applied Technologies
Telstra Applied Technologies was the prime contractor for the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN), an over-the-horizon radar system for the defence of Australia.
1RSU Command and Control Centre
JORN Data Systems Development Manager
- Established the JORN Data Systems Development Group.
- Provided training in data modelling, database design/administration skills.
- Responsible for the design and development of the JORN Configuration Management Information System (CMIS).
- Performed conceptual and physical data modelling for CMIS.
- Developed CMIS with PowerBuilder and Oracle using object-oriented methodologies.
- Developed Requirements Traceability and Verification Tools for RTM
JORN Configuration and Data Manager
- Team leader and cost account manager for over 25 staff.
- Responsible for controlling the system configuration and engineering data.
- Prepared configuration management plans and procedures.
- Identified JORN configuration items and controlled engineering changes.
- Performed baseline status accounting and reporting.
- Conducted configuration audits on sub-contractors and maintained ISO9001 quality system accreditation.
JORN Systems Integration Manager
- Team leader for the JORN System Integrity Group, comprising 8 staff.
- Responsible for integrity of the emerging systems design and for interface management.
- Chaired the JORN Interface Control Working Group (ICWG), a group comprising JORN subcontractors and Commonwealth representatives.
- Prepared interface management policies and procedures.
- Reviewed Interface Control Documents and resolved interface problems.
- Developed a JORN interface model using TeamWork.